Happy New Year! Resolutions for 2016
January 2, 2016 § Leave a comment
Happy New Year!
2015 was an awful year for blogging – I did none! There were a myriad of reasons: earning my MA in English Literature, looking for work, a couple of content writing gigs, working, laziness, life. We also lose some dear family members and are still recovering from their loss. But 2016 is a new year, and that means newness, freshness, change, onwards and upwards. Etc. To that end, I would like to make some resolutions that will – I hope – provide enrichment, growth, and inner peace.
- Write more. Write a couple of paragraphs at least two or three times a week. These will mostly be diary entries, so I don’t know how many of them will make it to the blog, but I feel I need to start doing this consistently for my peace of mind. the few times I recorded my feelings were a cathartic experience, and I was able to work through some of my issues and worries. This should be kept up.
- Blog. I’d like some of my diary entries to become blog posts, but as of right now I am keeping them as separate goals. I’d like to do post at least once or twice a week; I need to do more reviews, especially of books, but movies and TV shows should make an appearance.
- Study for and take the GRE and GRE English Literature Subject Test. Twenty minutes everyday!
- Blog about the books I read for my literature subject test.
- Get my sons diaries and get them to write/draw/scribble in it every weekend.
- Drive to new places; I’d like us to explore our New England environment more and find new hiking trails.
- Practice salah consistently.
- Start exercising again.
- Stain our kitchen cabinets.
- Start my capsule wardrobe.
- Declutter, declutter, declutter.
Where there is a will there is a way. Wish me luck!